Tecton Construction: Public Works Results that Voters Approve
Butler Fire Station
The Butler Fire Station Was Completed Ahead of Schedule and $57.40 per Square Foot Under Market Price
Construction of new 11,550SF fire station which includes space for fire department and training, an EMS Department and fire apparatus.
• Construction of the foundation could not begin until a structurally unsound soil condition was remediated.
• The Project was completed on time.
• The project was completed under budget, at 36% less than published industry average cost.
• New fire station serves a number of major industrial manufacturing facilities in this small, primarily farming community.
Lebanon Municipal Building
Tecton Created $630,000 in Cost Savings for Lebanon Municipal Building
Cutting Edge Underground Storm Water Retention System is a Tecton Innovation
• Able to work through entire winter by covering entire project with a circus tent.
• Project within 3.1 percent of Tecton’s original estimate.
Tippecanoe County Jail
1,500 square foot single-story addition to the Tippecanoe County Jail. Addition included new secure detention rooms, restroom, offices and a conference room.
Historic Sears Farmhouse in Prophetstown
Designed and managed construction of buildings associated with the Living History Farm. The main focus of the project was the 1920′s era Sears farm house, but also included the barn, various outbuildings and 2 separate restroom facilities.
Lafayette Fire Station No. 1
Outdated Fire Station Resurrected into Functional Fire Department Administration Central Office
Renovation of a 8,179 square foot building which serves as headquarters and offices of the Lafayette Fire Department and Lafayette Fire Prevention Department.
Morton Community Center
Demolition and remodel of existing interior rooms. Remodel included new walls, plumbing fixtures, lighting, doors and hardware and bathroom partitions.
Lebanon Police Station
Project completely gutted and expanded existing police station. Approximately half of 16,800 square foot existing space was renovated for its new use. A new 2-bay sallyport was also added to the building.
The complete construction of the Celery Bog Nature Center building and entry drive and exterior concrete. The building is a wood structure with a rolling roof utilizing a modified bitumen roof system.
Rossville Fire Station
Community Delighted with Tecton – Hired Us for Four More Projects.
Construction of new fire station; 8,300 square foot metal building with office space, restrooms, kitchenette, radio room, laundry facilities and meeting room.
There were not adequate funds to go forward with this project until Tecton created a buy-out to finance it.
• Project completed on time and under budget.
• The budget savings was used by the firemen to expand the offices and finish out the new community and training rooms.
Tippecanoe County Courthouse
Tecton Innovation Saved $80,000 With Innovative Swinging Stage System
• Rather than building scaffolding to access lightning damaged Courthouse dome, Tecton created innovative swinging stage system.
• Building owner believed damage could not be repaired. Tecton enlisted restoration specialist to weld damaged areas.
Tecton created a music stage for the community’s summer music festival, and increased the town’s ability to provide a meeting place for its citizens.